Rigging manual?

I acquired a beaten up old J/22 last fall that I spend the winter restoring. It's now as good as new in many respects, with new sails and all. Now's the time to rig it and put it in the water. Given enough time, I'm quite confident I can figure out how to put it together but a manual or some pictures of the deck layout on other boats would save me some time. I never sailed a J/22 before and there are no sisterships in my area. Anywhere I can find that on the web?

Alternatively, if one of you would be so kind as to post or e-mail pictures of your own deck layout, that would probably do the trick. Any help appreciated. I can't wait to put this baby through its paces!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the very useful links, I got it figured out. Boat's in the water and performs very nicely (for a vintage anyway). We'll try it in a few local races this summer.

I didn't check the hull but the set of sails that came with it have the number 79 on them. If that's the hull number, any idea what year it would be?

Thanks for the very useful links, I got it figured out. Boat's in the water and performs very nicely (for a vintage anyway). We'll try it in a few local races this summer.

I didn't check the hull but the set of sails that came with it have the number 79 on them. If that's the hull number, any idea what year it would be?

Has to be 1983, since I have a first year hull and it's number 97.

Archived