Keel Measurement

While doing the work on the keel I have been referencing the pdf file on the website as far as making my jigs and getting my measurements correct. When finding MPE i am finding it to be located in the radius of where the keel meets the boat. And at that point on the trailing edge I see that I am supposed to have an 8mm width. I am nowhere near that (5mm or so) and am wondering if I am measureing in the wrong spot or what. Any insight would be greatly apprecieated.

Guest Guest_cdoyle_*

I had the same problem measuring a keel this weekend. I think that the measurements up from MP A and MP B are 100mm too long. I will check with Tom Linville (US Class Measurer) and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_CDOYLE_*

I spoke with the class office this morning. The .pdf instructions are correct, and MP E and MP F are only about an inch down from the hull. Also, MP E is measured by going up vertically (i.e. following the line of the trailing edge), and not following the radius.

Unless the boat has had major surgery, it should pass the MP E/MP F measurement easily.

Archived