Keel Templates (please help)

I am desperately trying to find a set of keel templates to fair my keel. I am willing to rent or put down a deposite to insure their return in borrowed condition. I am willing to pick them up or pay shipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to get the boat on the water this year. I am located in Hampton Virginia.

Thanks,

Tripp Behm

I can't help with your specific request, but I just noticed there is a Keel/Rudder Autocad file link on the left side of the J/22 Canada site. If you can't open an Autocad file (I know I can't) maybe one of our Canadian neighbours could tell us what the file actually contains. Is it just dimensions or can a set of templates be created from it? An engineering design house could do full sized blueprints for you to use to cut out your own templates if templates can actually be made from the file. Hope this does some good. vic

http://www.geocities.com/J22canada/

I am desperately trying to find a set of keel templates to fair my keel. I am willing to rent or put down a deposite to insure their return in borrowed condition. I am willing to pick them up or pay shipping. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to get the boat on the water this year. I am located in Hampton Virginia.

Thanks,

Tripp Behm

I can't help with your specific request, but I just noticed there is a Keel/Rudder Autocad file link on the left side of the J/22 Canada site. If you can't open an Autocad file (I know I can't) maybe one of our Canadian neighbours could tell us what the file actually contains. Is it just dimensions or can a set of templates be created from it? An engineering design house could do full sized blueprints for you to use to cut out your own templates if templates can actually be made from the file. Hope this does some good. vic

Thanks, I will see what I can do

Guest Bob Malouff

Thanks,

Tripp Behm

You can try: http://computerkeels.com/JCOMP.HTM

They sell the kits and templates.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the help. I was able to get the cad file drawings printed on mylar and able to make a set of templates. Seems to work and saved the money on buying a set. Thanks again

-Tripp

Guest j22 Buffalo

I have a set that you are welcome to use.

One thing to consider is what shape/lines are they made to? The templates I made are based on a drawing/lines that I borrowed from Chris Doyle (as I recall he said they where downwind optimized).

The shape was used on Chris’s previous boat. I don’t know if he used it on his new boat but you are welcome to borrow them.

I can be reached at j22buffalo@yahoo.com

Regards,

Joe Gelsomino

I have a set that you are welcome to use.

One thing to consider is what shape/lines are they made to? The templates I made are based on a drawing/lines that I borrowed from Chris Doyle (as I recall he said they where downwind optimized).

The shape was used on Chris’s previous boat. I don’t know if he used it on his new boat but you are welcome to borrow them.

I can be reached at j22buffalo@yahoo.com

Regards,

Joe Gelsomino

Guest Guest_cdoyle_*

Yes. I think the new keel is better than the old keel. Whatever Waterline uses seems to work really well. Then again I may be wrong

• 1 month later...

Archived