Winter timer for a new J22 owner....

Hey there J22 forum,

I'm new to the forum and the class. I bought my J22 (#1260) this past winter, had it shipped from KC to New Hampshire and lake sailed her this summer. It was a dry sailed and garaged boat before I owned it, and it spent this summer on a mooring ball in Lake Sunapee. It's been a blast of a summer getting to know her and teaching my kids to sail and enjoying her with the family. I feel very lucky that she was in great shape when I received her and I want to keep her that way. So I thought I'd ask the forum what people recommend for winter time. She'll come out of the water and sit on the trailer shrink wrapped for the winter. I bought a mooring cover that she'll wear all next summer to help with preservation. She has a poorly executed  waterline paint job that I'd like to have removed and have her painted solid white. Is there a paint people recommend? Do I not paint? How is best to protect the hull while on the mooring? Sunapee is a very gentle lake. The sails will be allowed to air dry, rolled and go in their bags. Small outboard will be serviced and have oil changed. I'm sure there's probably an older thread on this but I feel like it never hurts to refresh or get new ideas.