Estimating boat & trailer value

Does anybody have some resources on how to figure out a good ballpark value for a given J22? I'm interested in knowing: What brings the price up or down? What are common problems to be aware of? What traits make a trailer more or less valuable?

To be a little more specific, I am looking at a J22 with a lot of problems but which also could be useful for parts. I'm trying to figure out what's a fair value for it. Here are some details:

-Serious rot in main bulkhead, especially around chainplates (likely needs replacement)

-Some rot in hull and deck

-Topsides are badly scratched up

-Some cracking in rudder

-Mast may or may not have a slight amount of bend in it

-Generally kind of run-down looking

-Winches are in good condition

-Comes with a single-axle trailer, 6 screw-adjustable pads (may or may not have brakes)

Anyhow, anybody willing to explain how to put a dollar figure on this boat?

Thanks!

I just picked up a 94 220 SLC, that came without a trailer. Im looking for a used trailer that I could use to store the boat during the winter and and to work on when needed. I would have bought a new trailer, but the wife is out of work and it would be a little tight.

Anyone know where I could find one????

Thanks

I just picked up a 94 220 SLC, that came without a trailer. Im looking for a used trailer that I could use to store the boat during the winter and and to work on when needed. I would have bought a new trailer, but the wife is out of work and it would be a little tight.

Anyone know where I could find one????

Thanks

Might be hard to find an orphaned J/22 trailer in England. You could find a generic 20+ ft trailer and modify it perhaps.

Archived