Velocitek Pro Start

Guest Mike

Getting boat prepped for the Worlds in Annapolis. Now that the Pro Start is allowed, on J22’s, how about a discussion on the merits considering cost of $599!

• 1 month later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON INTERNATIONAL J/22 CLASS ASSOCIATION RULES INTERPRETATIONS

Due to a procedural oversight, the International J/22 Class Association has had to rescind its Rule Interpretation in regard to the Prostart and other similar devices, along with all other International Technical Committee (ITC) Rulings including the original prohibition of GPS. The ITC is starting the process of updating the Class Rules to the required World Sailing format, and will incorporate the items from the Rules Interpretations into the Class Rules during that time. If you have any questions, contact howell@j22.com.

So rescind the rule interpretation  of the Prostart and the original prohibition of GPS means anything is allowed to me!! How can this rule be fuzzy 2 weeks prior to the Worlds. I have been using and practicing with a Velocitek ProStart for 4 weeks now in preparation for the Worlds.
what exactly are you saying? I plan to use my ProStart based on this August 27th update.

Archived