J-22 #508 for sale

DavidJ22Buffett

1985 J22

VC offshore race bottom.  Boat is in fair condition. Boat has been stored inside a heated bay for the duration of ownership. Sale would include boom, mast, sails and spinnaker pole. 

Only sailed once, not for the lack of quality but as I own other boats. 

Trailer has new tires, bearings and lights 

Asking $15K or best offer.  Boat is located in Chatham, Cape Cod.

j22-5.jpg

J22-3.jpg

j22-4.jpg

On 12/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, twf124 said:

Status of bulkheads?

Bulkheads are okay and more than happy to meet you to show you, facetime you or provide additional images. 

What is the discoloration of non-skid around chain plates & port handrail?  Was deck repaired?

Yes the deck was repaired.  The hand rails are fine, I think its just the angle of the photo.  The boat also has a spinnaker.

Asking price?

$15,000 or best offer

Hi David,

Can you tell me:

When you say the boat has been stored inside for the duration of your ownership, may I ask how long that has been?

I think TWF124 meant to say "starboard" handrail in their comments. I think the concern is the integrity of the cabin top and decks, structurally. I owned a Ranger 33 and the cabin top was somewhat compromised and a little squishier than it should have been, which effected the chainplates, mast step, and connection to interior bulkheads. Any issues with these things?

What is the condition and age, if known, of the running and standing rigging?

Same for sails.

Any outboard?

Thanks,

Matt P

Hi Nick, 

The sail inventory includes a main, jib and spinnaker.  The sails need to be cleaned.  The standing rigging is okay as are the halyards.  The running rigging is missing.  The bottom was done @ 15 years ago. It's a racing bottom and in good shape.

If it helps, we could face time to show the boat.

Cheers,

Dave

On 12/18/2023 at 8:31 PM, Matt60 said:

Hi David,

Can you tell me:

When you say the boat has been stored inside for the duration of your ownership, may I ask how long that has been?

I think TWF124 meant to say "starboard" handrail in their comments. I think the concern is the integrity of the cabin top and decks, structurally. I owned a Ranger 33 and the cabin top was somewhat compromised and a little squishier than it should have been, which effected the chainplates, mast step, and connection to interior bulkheads. Any issues with these things?

What is the condition and age, if known, of the running and standing rigging?

Same for sails.

Any outboard?

Thanks,

Matt P

Matt,

The boat has been inside storage for the last 5 years. ( I am the owners new boat captain and just started last August) I believe the standing rigging is original, which seams fine along with the halyards. Some of the running rigging is missing.  The last time the boat was sailed was approximately 15 years ago.  There is no outboard.

If it would help, I could face time to show you the boat,

Dave