Looking for used sails

Guest Mike

Guest Mike

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade some absolute rags on a J22 for something better, decent, or nice.  Just need a main and jib, interested in all options.  

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, I have some sails that I’m ready to roll to a new owner. They are North sails. I buy a new suit every year, and I only do regattas. So no suit of sails of mine has a lot of miles on it. 

I have the main and jib I bought for the 2021 Worlds. That suit has 4 regattas total. $1750. 

I also have a main and jib from the last Buffalo NAs (2017?). That suit probably has 8 regattas total. $750.  

I have a 2018 spinnaker with maybe 12 regattas on it that I can throw in with either suit of sails for $250. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 150% premium Quantum genoa sail with hanks for sale. I am asking $325.00 or present your best acceptable offer to me. It is crisp and white, in excellent condition, has double-braid sheets, and it includes a sail bag. It does have a couple of small dirt mark from folding on the grass that should wash off, but otherwise it is a great sail. I bought it to use on my J/22 sailboat, but I sold the boat and I do not need it any more. 

The approximate measurements for this sail are:
Luff = 23'10"
Leech = 23'6"
Foot = 12'9"

This may be just what you need to improve your performance and update your sail inventory. Please include a telephone number and/or email with any questions you ask. 

Thanks.

Quantum150fromFoot.JPG

Quantum150Clew&Sheets.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

CDoyle and Watercolor,

Thank you for the responses.  The 2017 jib and main you mentioned might suit my needs well.  Is there a standard Jib size (vs the 150% genoa)?  Its pretty windy where I sail , though the Genoa advertised seems like a very fair deal as well.

Feel free to contact me at mike.a.pouliot@   GMAIL and we can discuss some specifics.

I'm in the SF bay area.

Mike