motor mount

riracer

I'm having work done on my boat this year and am taking off the failing motor mount that raises and lowers. I'm using a 2.5 HP OB (until I can justify the tree hugger). No problems on race days, it just gets us to the course and we store it. When I go puttering by myself (and never being willing to count on the wind cooperating), I like to leave the OB on. If I put a fixed mount, such as the Hall J24 mount, am I going to be able to tilt the OB up and get it out of the water? Or is it just going to drag? If anyone is using one that lifts the OB up - what kind? What size? Etc. Etc.

Thanks for thoughts and advice!

• 2 months later...
Guest Mike Miller
I'm having work done on my boat this year and am taking off the failing motor mount that raises and lowers. I'm using a 2.5 HP OB (until I can justify the tree hugger). No problems on race days, it just gets us to the course and we store it. When I go puttering by myself (and never being willing to count on the wind cooperating), I like to leave the OB on. If I put a fixed mount, such as the Hall J24 mount, am I going to be able to tilt the OB up and get it out of the water? Or is it just going to drag? If anyone is using one that lifts the OB up - what kind? What size? Etc. Etc.

Thanks for thoughts and advice!

I have a motor mount that tilts up/down I will sell at reasonable price. It is an aluminum Spar marine model with a grey hard plastic mount for motor. It weighs 10 lbs and has never seen ocean salt. It is in like new condition. Email me directly and I can provide photos. I live in MN

miller.m@mchsi.com

Mike

Guest Guest_riracer_*
I have a motor mount that tilts up/down I will sell at reasonable price. It is an aluminum Spar marine model with a grey hard plastic mount for motor. It weighs 10 lbs and has never seen ocean salt. It is in like new condition. Email me directly and I can provide photos. I live in MN

miller.m@mchsi.com

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I ended up buying the fixed mount from Hall that the J24s use. All installed now.

• 2 months later...

Archived